Club Drug Coma In Maryland
Posted by Childress on September 18, 2006
Here’s a story out of Maryland that’s a bit unusual:
A little over a week ago, 18-year-old Kimberly Davis was working two jobs and had aspirations of becoming a cosmetologist, but those dreams may never come true.
One night of drug use left her clinically dead for 10 minutes and unconscious for three days, according to her family.
“She could have brain damage for the rest of her life” Malorie Davis said of her sister who awoke from a coma earlier this week. “We don’t know what’s going to be wrong with her but we know she’s going to be alive and that’s all that matters.”
What happened to Kimberly is not unusual, unfortunately. As any emergency room worker can tell you, 18 to 25 year olds with drug overdoses show up with depressing regularity.
What’s unusual is that Kimberly’s story was told in a newspaper. If every coma and near-death experience suffered by a young person from drugs were told, there would be greater understanding of the risk, and fewer would show up in the emergency room.